Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daily EMS Uniforms


I want to get everyones attention regarding the daily uniforms of the Fulton Fire Department Ambulance. Lets make this perfectly clear, I do like uniforms and feel that the uniform that was selected presents us in a professional manner and makes us look like an organization. During very hot summer months, like now, I DO NOT have problems with EMS personnel wearing jean pant shorts vs the long uniform and very warm pants. The idea behind my decision is not to make EMS providers uncomfortable during summer months. None of us volunteer to be uncomfortable. And lets all be honest, if you have to wear this uniform all day in the warm climate, it sucks. So, I would ask for everyones cooperation that if you decide to want to wear the jean pant shorts that is okay but you should have on a T-shirt that represents Fulton Fire so at least you look like a department member. Also, please do not wear shorts that are inappropriate that show a little too much. If you know what I mean. If not, just ask. Now as for the picture, it does not represent our uniform, but I hope it got your attention. When the weather starts to be more comfortable, I would ask that all members should make an effort to wear the uniform that was provided for normal EMS wear as again, it makes us look very professional out there. - Dave Rogis

No comments:

Post a Comment